In a tragic case, a 54-year-old woman from Maninagar succumbed to her burn injuries she sustained while having food at a hotel in Ellisbridge area.

As per an accidental death report filed at Ellisbridge police station, the deceased identified as Rashmika Shah of Gangeshwar Society in Maninagar had visited the Four Points by Sheraton hotel opposite Gujarat College to attend a function on January 26. A buffet was arranged for the guests. When Shah was taking her food, the food bowl on the table fell and the hot fuel fell on her dress and it caught fire.

Advertisements

The hotel staff and those present at the function rushed to put out the fire, but by that time, Shah had received around 60% burns to her body. An ambulance was called and she was rushed to a hospital. Later she was admitted to the burns ward of Civil Hospital. On Monday evening, Shah died while receiving treatment at the hospital. As per a police official associated with the case, Shah was wearing a synthetic dress which caught fire immediately.

PSI Ghela of Ellisbridge police station and investigating officer in the case said that an accidental death report has been filed.

Advertisements